- These Handmade Authentic Aboriginal Returning Boomerangs are handmade by Australian craftsmen & hand-painted by Australian Aboriginal Artists
- Made from Australian sustainable plantation hardwood ply
- Make a great gift, displayed as art, or thrown for sport
- The Wooden Returning Boomerangs are approximately 16 1/2 inch (42 cm) from tip to tip.
- All of the designs have meaning and are based on family.
- The designs come from a number of tribal areas and were taught to senior Aboriginal artist 'Bulku Little Mouse" when she was at the Mananura centre by visiting elders. Bulku was a founding member and manager of Mananura.
- Hand-signed with certificate of authenticity
Five Designs Available:
- Two Families Coming Together (shown on far left of photo) - Shows two families coming together in friendship or marriage, joined by the kangaroo totem for happiness. The white spiral design is a wind spirit which is a guide so you don't get lost.
- Large Strong Family (shown in top centre of photo) - The large circle of dots represent a family with a kangaroo(happiness) and platypus (friendship), and the white spiral design is a wind spirit which is a guide so you don't get lost.
- Belonging (shown in middle centre of photo) - Family is shown inside tribal bars, which is like a signature, showing where your family comes from and belongs. Again, the totems are there along with the wind spirits. The dolphin, in some areas, was a kangaroo who fell into the water and turned himself into a dolphin and brings happiness to the coastal people.
- Close Family (shown on far right of photo) - Shows a family grown up, but still a very close family, involved in each other's lives. Here we have a platypus representing friendship and a kangaroo for happiness, and wind spirits to ensure that we don't get lost.
- Family Values (shown in bottom centre of photo) - Shows family who has grown-up children. They are making their own families but hold the original family values and share the same totems. Here we see the goanna (lizard) which represents pride and the kangaroo for happiness.
About the Artist Bulku Little Mouse -We are a wife and husband from Australia. My husband hand makes these authentic returning boomerangs. I hand paint them following the teachings and the dream stories surrounding family. I only like to paint positive stories. I am a descendant of the Aboriginal people from the Sydney area in Australia (the Dharug people). I was taught most of my skills and dream time teachings while at the Mananura Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Centre near the Blue Mountains, where my husband and I were two of the founding members. Many families joined and we had a large number of elders visit who often told their old stories to all who wanted to listen and learn. Many of these elders were from areas distant to Sydney, but I was amazed at how often their teachings overlapped. My art is often influenced by teachings from several areas. Each boomerang is unique even though I paint the story you choose. I hand sign your boomerang and it comes with a certificate of authenticity. Proud supporters of Aboriginal Literacy Foundation, and Bulku is a member of the Indigenous Art Code.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:Width: 17.00 (in)Depth: 0.25 (in)Gift Wrapping: Available